Re: [RC] Ho Boy! Here comes PeTA! - Susan

PeTA doesn't give a tinkers dam about any animals!  Don't fool yourself.  They have their agenda.  I'll give it to the racehorse industry; their agenda is plain and clear.  Sadly, if it were a young human girl out there they'd not say a word.  Look at elite gymnastics!  Many of the top athletes are very young and are doing terrible things to their bodies in order to stay at the top of the game for as long as they can.

How do we stop them?  We don't.  How can we creative an atmosphere where the industry is motivated to change?  That's the million dollar question.  Several good suggestions have already been made on this forum.  Additionally, what if all involved with a horse that is killed faced a hefty fine?

Actually, over working a horse like this makes no sense financially.  If you know the horse is weak, sell it and get a stronger one.  Granted, those associated with Eight Belles got paid but they lost out on future income from potential wins and breeding.  They've put more $$ into her short life than what they have ever won on her, I'd imagine.

This game has been going on a long time.  Eight Belles isn't the first horse to break down in front of the grand stands and she, unfortunately, won't be the last.  I don't have answers but I do know PeTA won't be the solution either.

Trailrite@xxxxxxx wrote:
So how do we stopped them?  If it were a man (or a very young girl) out there getting hit until he/she fell and broke his/her leg, what do you think would happen then?

Tammy Robinson (16,000 AERC miles)
Trail-Rite Products
18171 Lost Creek Road
Saugus, CA 91390