[RC] Owyhee Fandango May 24,25,26 - Steph Teeter

I'm trying to plan for the Fandango ride and would really appreciate if those of you that are coming could send me a note, or pre- register. I really haven't a clue yet how many riders we'll have!

The trails are in great shape (I've been raking...) and the course will be pretty easy - not much elevation, minimal rock. Wildhorse Butte on the first day, to the Sierra del Rio Ranch for the 100 and the 2nd, day 3 will go south across Triangle Rd - a little more sand over there, but nice different scenery. The wildflowers should be terrific - everything is later this year because it's been so cold. Tons of grass out there on the trail.

Important notices: dinners will be served, free to volunteers, staff and riders BEFORE each day's ride. Friday night dinner for Saturday ride. Saturday night dinner for Sunday ride. Sunday night dinner for Monday ride. Dinners will be by Blue Canoe Catering (good ol' home style cooking :) And of course we'll have happy hour each evening, with good local Idaho wine.

Lots of great awards - nice polo shirts, special goodies from Malaysia, sponsor donated products. We'll have some nice pads for awards Haf Italia - (Haf pads), and Fleeceworks pads. Special custom halters.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday will have 25 and 50 miles each day. Sunday will also have 75 and 100 miles, and FEI 50, 75 and 100. Passports are required for the FEI 100. Coggins and flu shot records (within 6 mo) are all that is required for the FEI 50 and 75.

Vets are Robert Washington (AERC head vet), Mike Foss (FEI head vet), Michael Peterson, Olin Balch, Tom Timmons. We have some special guests coming to ride and to officiate: from Guatemala, Great Britain, Belgium, Argentina, Japan, UAE (Shekha Madiya is working as an FEI Official!). We really hope to make this a fair and safe ride, as well as a really fun event. I'm hoping we can mix up the FEI and AERC so that nobody can even tell which is which and we all enjoy the sport and the competition in good spirit!

Steph