Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:56:02 -0700
From: greymare56@xxxxxxxxx
To: raneller@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Ride trick to try re: feed/H20
CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ranelle,
Soaked hay is a just great idea....along with beet pulp and anyway to get them to drink, take in moistened, feel etc.

I have  tried this for awhile, but it always reminds me of what we did back in middle school science class.....anyone remember the
"hay infusion" experiment?    Take dried grass or hay, and put in water, a day or so later, zillions of protozoa to look at under the microscope....

So....I do worry about spoilage with wet hay or the water it soaks in... can any scientists or vets collent on the "shelf life" of soaked hay or the nutrient rich (and "bug" rich) water broth?
Karen