[RC] Paragon Biotin Plus & Yucca - Cunningham, Marci

I recently decided to add a biotin supplement to my horse’s diet.  I searched the archives and read that Susan Garlinghouse recommended Biotin Plus as a good source for adding biotin to a horse’s diet.  I feed Alamo Pintado’s Platinum Performance as does Susan so I thought this would be a good supplement to use.  I read the ingredients of this product on line so I was very surprised when my order arrived and listed on the bucket as an ingredient was yucca since this ingredient was not listed in the on line ingredients I read.  Obviously the manufacturer has changed its formula and the on line ingredient list has not been updated.  Mind you, the ingredient list I reviewed was not on the manufacturer’s website but on the retailer’s website that was not aware of the change.  My question is if I choose to feed this product containing the yucca, how long before an endurance ride would I have to discontinue use so as not to be in violation of AERC’s drug policy?  Also, would discontinuing usage for this period affect the usefulness of this product for its intended purpose?

Thanks,

Marci Cunningham

Bakersfield CA