[RC] Valleyvue Faron 1969-2008 - E. Syverson

My great old stallion Valleyvue Faron came to the end of his trail this morning. I had owned Faron since he was a yearling. Although his name had "Valleyvue" as a prefix he was bred by Ed Tweed's Brusally Arabian Ranch. His sire was *Faraon and his dam was Skorsa (Skorage x Afasa). I purchased him as a yearling from Claude Shortman. A greater heart, stamina, spirit and horsenality I've never known. His half brother Faraonson was a great endurance horse and although our endurance competition was limited I did ride him on some very fast-paced early rides in Kansas in the 1970's. It's very hard to let go of someone who has been a part of your life from your college days to retirement. --Liz Syverson--Topeka, Kansas