[RC] Fw: HEADS UP PLEASE - FL STAMPEDE RIDE MAY 10th UPDATE - Eric Rueter

Forwarded on behalf of Cheryl Van Deusen,

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:57 PM
Subject: HEADS UP PLEASE - FL STAMPEDE RIDE MAY 10th UPDATE

Please forward to email lists for SEDRA, SERA, AERC, AHA - thanks!

Greetings Endurance Riders!

It's been a wonderful ride season in the southeast and we are fortunate to have had so many rides.  However, multiple rides and these ever increasing fuel costs are forcing riders to make choices.

We have a new ride (Florida Stampede) scheduled for May 10th in Dade City, FL.  Ride Manager Todd Garrett has not received any entries at this time or deposits!  He is considering canceling this 30/60 mile ride if enough riders don't plan to come.  It's AERC, SERA, and SEDRA sanctioned!

We think that most of us sign up for endurance rides just before the ride because money is always tight, and we want to make certain our horses have come through previous rides  in good shape.  PLEASE take the time to email Todd at floridastampede@xxxxxxxxx and let him know if you plan on coming!  Then follow up with a $20 deposit which he will refunded if the ride is cancelled!   Mail to Todd Garrett, 715 Roy Moore Road,  Ona,  FL  33865

We realize that things may change, but if you have this ride on your calendar for either distance, NOW is the time to email Todd and let him know you want him to hold this ride!  They will make a decision on Sunday, April 13th so PLEASE take the time to let us know.

Also, we are having an open and regional AHA ride (open to ANY breeds, 4 years or older, registered or non-registerd) 30 mile CTR ride on Sunday morning.  Get two rides in for the same fuel price!  Ride should be over by 1 pm!  AHA qualifications earned in 2008 are (current rules) good through the 2010 CTR rides!   AHA CTR runs by vet score only, no trail or special awards judging, just vet parameters such as soundness, pulse, metabolics, etc.  We will still hold this ride (although we may have to change the date/venue) so please email me if you have any interest at

Have a productive day, go get some things done so you can RIDE!

Cheryl

Cheryl Van Deusen
Companion Arabians
386.566.4820 (cell)