Re: [RC] [RC] giving eye meds - Dawn Carrie

My husband's Paso, Twigs, who had the uveitis and needed his eye medicated several times a day, is such a sweet, eager to please guy that it only took a few times before he figured out the routine.  Then we didn't even have to halter him...just walked up, treated his eye with the two meds, patted him, and that was it.  He also had to have banamine given orally, twice a day at first, then once a day.  Now, I *know* that stuff tastes like crap, from accidentally tasting some when I stuck a syringe in my mouth to hold it.  But Twigs would see the syringe coming and actually open his mouth for it.  Ross' other Paso, Diamante, would not be so accomodating for the banamine, I know.  <G>

Dawn