[RC] Tidbits from the Trace - Laura Peck

-"If I had a green horse... I would've skipped..."

This was Heart's Hope's second ride ever (last one was City Slicker '07) and both my daughter's and her pony's first ride ever.... I opted to go - since fuel is so HIGH - that I can't afford the gas to many rides (and the Trace is only 45 minutes from my farm...)

So I guess, if you know you know your 'green horses and riders' are competent and fairly predictable, and you've made sure to train them under all/most conceivable circumstances - the trail's conditions and the weather on a particular day - are not as important as your training and preparations...

That and my daughter would've probably KILLED ME - if we missed the fourth scheduled shot at her first ride...LOL...And heck - it quit raining/storming at 9pm Friday night. Not a drop of rain, nor much of a breeze on Sat - just mud, mud and more mud!!!! Daughter left on a 90% white pony - came in on a 'solid chestnut'...he, he, he...

- Laura P