From: melanie.o@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Specialized Saddle
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:44:39 +0000

I've seen a lot of talk about the Specialized saddle lately and I just thought I'd share my experience:

I've always thought I wanted one of these because they sound so great and people swear by them.  Then I tried one out.  It was lightweight, well-made, fit well, my legs hung nicely, etc.  But after I sat in that saddle for more than an hour my butt was killing me!  It was hard as a rock.

Now, it's true that I am used to a treeless saddle which is much softer on the rider's hind end and my friend who owns the saddle tells me that they do make a model that has a padded seat, but I did change my mind about rushing out to get one after that experience.

mel