Re: [RC] Timed events including endurance Not Allowed! - Lynne Glazer

Terry posted to SoCal and AERC but not here

----
The rumors are running rampant, so let me clarify a few things.

Yes, I am having a problem obtaining a permit to do the Descanso Ride. Even though the State has been unable to produce a regulation, after years of doing the Descanso Ride in Cuyamaca State Park, the the Cuyamaca Ride and Tie for over 20 years, the State is now taking the position that we cannot have an event in the park if time and competition is involved. This would also affect the NATR ride which is held there. I am pursuing it further so don't count us out yet.

As to Manzanita and Warner Springs, this would not affect either of those events. Manzanita is on BLM land, and AERC has a very good working relationship with that agency. Warner Springs is held on private land, and some federal forest land, so that also would not be affected.

I will keep you posted and will let know if some sort of campaign is going to be launched to attempt to sway the park service to see the light.

Terry Woolley Howe