Re: [RC] [RC] re: puppies and horses - Carla Richardson

Same thing with my Siberian Huskies.  They zip up and back when we're on the trail, most of the time the horses ignore them, but every now and then, one will pin his ears and shake his head at the dogs as they pass by, as if to say, stay in line!

Once I was riding Top on a winding single track, through pinon and juniper, and my largest male ran smack into Top's hind legs, as he (the dog) came ripping around the corner behind us and couldn't stop in time.  Top just sighed, he didn't kick, didn't react at all.  I was amazed that I didn't get bucked off or at least have a shy.  Top just kept going down the trail, it didn't faze him at all.  The dog kept going, too, as if nothing had happened.  I guess I was the only one that thought it was something remarkable :-)

Carla Richardson
Colorado