[RC] Trust accounts/plans - Terry Banister

  I've even set up a trust account to see to their welfare . . .

Thanks, Tammy! I too have a trust account set up, but not sure how to handle the horse in this. Can you share some of your ideas on how this works?

From: Trailrite@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:52:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [RC] The Old Way (now slaughtering)
To: heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ebeyrider@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 4/3/2008 7:44:27 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Congratulations, Terry.  We are now reaping what you have sowed.

Heidi
Like everything else, making for a new step towards humanity takes small steps.  So what I see is a small step towards humanity in attempting to stop horse slaughter.  It has slowed down the "horse thieves" somewhat, and that's a good thing.  It was getting out of control here in the LA, California area.

Humans seem to be able to justify anything at anytime.  Slaughtering either horses or any other animal is not humane.  We think of it as humane, because we're used to the slaughtering other farm animals, like cattle, sheep, goats, chickens, hogs...etc.  This is not anymore humane than slaughtering other humans.  We just don't kill our own but it isn't any different to me because life is short and precious and a life is a life no matter what type or who's life it is.  There wouldn't be BULK horse transporters, if there wasn't BULK horses to transport.

What is inhumane is our population explosion, and creating bulk horse population for humans to WIN money on the betting of fast horses.   And Hey, if your not fast, your old, lame or you don't want a human on your back.....your dead!  What a great deal that is!  It's the humans that are not humane.  It is humans that over breed, and fight a small step to solve these problems that is not humane.  It is women that prefer to not have hot flashes and subject mares standing in one spot all their lives, and having a foal to be killed (if male) year after year....oh boy, don't want that hot flash!  Boy that's humane!

I have 8 horses, 5 dogs, 1 goat, 40-50 chickens, 7 Peafowl, 4 ducks, 8 cats and all are going to live there lives with us. Although, I hope to out live most of these animals,  I've even set up a trust account to see to their welfare until they are old and have to be put down do to suffering or that they drop dead here on the ranch if something happens to both me and my husband.  Then my children will get what is left, if any.

  I'm sure Kat will find figures and numbers that will change the story, or maybe Heidi will have her life experiences be the correct way to be thinking.  But, I'll still love and believe in good quality of life and not the killing of life no matter what their response is.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite
18171 Lost Creek Road
Saugus, CA 91390