[RC] NJ Parks/Trails in Peril - Christina McCarthy

Hi everyone.  Sorry to bring this up, but something needs to be done by the Equestrian, endurance and distance community about Corzine (NJ Governor) closing NJ's State Parks by mid July this year.  The 8 million dollar budget dedicated towards maintaining the Parks and paying gov't employees is supposedly a waste of money and Corzine wants to close 9 major Parks in his new budget. Several Endurance and distance rides are scheduled in these Parks...and I foretell this will be a disaster for the Equine owners in NJ and in bordering states.  The Mustang Memorial is one such ride.  Can a petion be started? How do we reverse this problem?  I do know by talking about it and letting others know something needs to be done will help.  There will not be places for horses, bicycle riders or walkers to use and enjoy.

Best Regards,
Christina McCarthy
American Riding Instructors Association
ARICP Certified, Level II Distance & Pleasure Riding

If your horse says no, you either asked the wrong question, or asked the question wrong.  ~Pat Parelli