[RC] Spanish Mustangs/freedoms - heidi larson

I agree that there are too many horses and too many BYB's.
Just go through your local Craigslist ads or Dreamhorse
under $1000 and you'll see old horses that have done their
time and been there for kids/adults alike now being
"rehomed".........or the BYB's who breed grade babies and
think they're making a new cool breed for profit.  It's
very sad!  It's hard to imagine a breeding facility that
has over 20 stallions being able to properly contain them,
keep them happy and safe, and responsibly controlling the
number of offspring that the market can bear.  I do
understand that the bad breeders will make it harder on
those that are responsible, however..........

My friend went to Germany to visit her daughter who had
shipped her Weimereiner over (military family) and when
they took her to the vet she found out why they always got
strange looks from people when they walked the dog.  The
average german person can not own a weimereiner, you have
to be a certified (licensed - not sure the terminology
here) hunter (which BTW takes 2 years to earn the right to
hunt) and then you will be allowed to get a "hunting dog".
I'd hate for things to go that far to where I don't have
the freedom to choose the horses I want to ride.

I did breed a Kiger mustang to an arab mare, not for
profit, but as my own future endurance horse.  If he's not
suited for endurance, maybe he'll be a good trail horse, or
maybe I'll learn something that he will be good at and we
can learn something new together, but he won't leave. I am
glad I had the freedom to choose his parents and have him
running around out in my pasture.  He's nearly a year old
and a joy to be around!

.      o o          o o
    o_ \ \____   o_ \_\
       (*)~(*)\_______/