Re: [RC] [RC] riding with trailriders - Dawn Carrie

<<What does a kick feel like?From a riders perspective? I just felt like he  bounced or something. >>

That was likely a kick...or the beginning/threat of one.  If they double barrel (only been on  a horse once who did that), it's kinda like a little buck.  If they just kick with one leg, it's more of a little "hitch" or maybe a real small buck.   And as you noticed, the ears will often (not always, but usually) give warning that they're about to do something.  That, and making ugly faces at other horses.  I get after my guys if they even lay ears back or make faces at other horses.

Sounds like the ride was a good experience for him.  Some horses seem to go along with groups like they've done it all their lives, but many seem to need more work with reminding them to put aside the horsey interactions when they're working.  Good job on seizing the chance for him to learn group riding!

Dawn Carrie, Texas