[RC] Trailer Welds - SJTHEPHOTO

Anyone out there had experience with cracks in the welds of their trailer?  I have a GN that I LOVE, and took it in to my guy for it's annual check up, and the news was not good--it has rusting cracks in the frame welds!  These are the ones on the beams that run under the tongue and attach to the body of the trailer.  Doesn't look to bad at first glance, but upon closer look, you can see they are extensive, and it was suggested to either take it to an experienced trailer welder and get it patched (ugly) or trade it in.

My questions are:  has anyone else out there had this?  Is it specific to GN's?  I love they way my GN pulls, an the freedom of a place to sleep, but would I get more longevity with a BP??  This trailer is a '96, in seemingly great shape (you should see how well the floor has held up!).

Thanks!   Susan