[RC] Beet Pulp - Valerie Nicoson

Just opened a new bag of BP and had to wonder what was going on and am wondering what other people's recent BP has been like.  Here in the midwest St Louis region we can only get it with molasses added to it.  This bag is very dark in color and after soaking it is very dark in color looking like it has a ton of molasses added to it.  Even after draining/rinsing it is dark.  Not only that but it is twice as heavy as the previous stuff we've had.

Previous stuff has been fairly light colored, not dark after soaking, and is light in weight after soaking as well.

Anyone else noticed a change in their BP?  Has the manufacturers decided to dump a bunch of molasses in now for whatever reason?  Should I take it back to the store and exchange it?

Thought others would like a heads up on this should this be a new trend by the manufacturers.

Val