[RC] Calming Products - sherman

In my one rat/one time study, the Calm & Cool made my horse calm, not lazy or tired acting. He responded readily to my cues to slow down or speed up. He was energetic, but when we stopped on the trail, instead of looking down the trail and shaking his head with annoyance at having to stay there, he stood still. Also, as I mentioned before, he did not display his usual anxiety at being trailered alone. I used the pellets, no tryptophan. Oddly, Calm & Cool  brand of paste has it.

I’m still waiting to see if Heidi or anyone else knows if occasional use of this product would cause any problems.

Kathy

okay folks... i've actually been doing some reading on this one. A product like Wendall herbs and Calm and Cool http://www.horse.com/ products/gift-0__sku-BWL14.html touts that it has NO tryptophan while others tout that they do. I know tryptophan makes sleepy .. I would want a calm horse , not a comatose one.

what's the conventional wisdom ?  Thanx  all
happy trails all
cid and GaZi