Re: [RC] [RC] Mare losing weight rapidly - Marirose Six

On the other hand-------She may just be getting ready to have a nasty tooth abcess. My 20 yr old mare just went through that. Really dropped weight fast so I started her on Sr feed. Then one day, I brought her in for am feed & whole side of her face was swollen & a nasty infection showed itself. (There was no swelling the pm before.) A trip to the vet took care of it & she has been gaining weight steadily since.