[RC] AJ's results from scope for nose bleeds - Linda Winkel

Talked to Dr. Porter today the vet from UF.. He got the results back from the BAL which showed no blood in his lungs. He said he was very surprised that he was sure it would come back positive. He said he scoped everywhere there is to scope that is reachable that there possibly could be some type of fungus hidden away that just cannot be seen. Or there is the slim possibility that it is caused by the rhymic breathing that he likes to do when he is working hard. He highly doubts that it is but has learned not to rule everything out.
He suggested treating him as if he had a fungus issue. He said he has had a couple of horses that had done the treatment when he could not find the cause for the bleeding and that after the drug therapy no longer had a problem with bleeding.. I guess it was like 250 to get the generic medication and give that a try.
I also talked to him about riding him since he found he is not EIPH positive. He was not jumping for joy that I wanted to ride him but did not tell me not to either. He said to finish the round of banamine and to do it again about a week before the next ride. That way if there was any inflammation in his nasal cavity that would help.
We only have a couple of rides left in my area so I thought I would wait to do the drug therapy after the last ride. After finding and seeing his blood vessels were healthy I am not worried about him bleeding out while riding him.
Just wondering what your opinion would be. Ride don't ride.. AJ really does love it out there on the trail but if there is any risk of hurting him I will not ride him.
Also wondering if you think that woody pet in the broken down form flying around the back of the trailer could be irritating his airway?? I put a fly mask on him when he is trailered since I am never sure if that stuff flies all over when your going down the road.
Your input would be greatly appreciated.