Re: [RC] FEI - racing - SandyDSA

go home? I thought we WERE home - I thought THEY were intruding on US! I am told I don't HAVE marbles, but even if I did, it is my view that we never left - it is the growing, greedy financiers who want to hijack our sport to serve their own structurally deficient ends. I saw it happen with the AHRA and the now-ASH, and it is not pretty, fair or balanced. It amounts to a group of people who choose to take advantage of the established structure of another group with "similar" interests to jump start their own version, which I called a perversion... ever seen an average NSH? In the end, the bottom line is that it IS our house, we ARE home and we have the right to say, no thank you, we don't LIKE what you do and it doesn't bear ENOUGH of a resemblance to the historic base of our sport to be connected - now go build your own house.

I want MY money going to support AERC rides, not FEI, not international flat racing; I want to be a part of awards that say WAY TO GO Joe Blow - you have the Jim Jones Award sewn up! I LOVe reading about the successes of those who understand and love the sport of going over hill and dale and finishing fit to continue. I LOVE knowing that there are goals out there that respect and protect my horse, give me something to hope for, and in the end, are the result of a partnership of two - my horse and I - not a jeep, not 30 crew members, not a bunch of financiers - me, my horse and a trail - preferably one with some altitude gain:). JMHO.

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com