[RC] Winter Weather - Vuturo, Susan C

Well, we woke up this morning to 14" of snow!  It's the biggest snowstorm we've had here in Louisville in 4 years!   My boarder and I took our horses out on the floodwall for a quick ride this afternoon, but it didn't go too well.  LOTS of ATV's out tearing up the top of the floodwall.   Snowy mud and holes everywhere!!  :(  Our horses were pretty over-reactive with the deep snow, cars,  and ATV's and so we just stayed out about 30 minutes and (thinking about our safety) came back to the barn.  Unfortunately, the floodwall is the only place to ride from my place without trailering, and we have to do some shoulder of the (busy) road riding even to get there.  (sigh)

Well, it's supposed to be up in the upper 50's by mid-week, so we'll try again then (but not on the floodwall)!  I can't WAIT till this horrid winter is over!!!!!

Susan Vuturo
JCPS - Adult Education
546-A South 1st St.
Louisville, KY  40202