[RC] Cold and blanketing horses - Evelyn Allen

Read the post from Flora Hillman - Sorry, but I just had to laugh!  We live in central Canada where the winter temps this year have been worse than normal.  If our temps were anywhere near 35 degrees right now, (and I am assuming you mean +35 degrees F?, we'd practically be out riding in shorts and t-shirts!  :)

I was laughing thinking that if your horses are double and triple blanketed, what would you do with our horses at -47 c (that was with windchill factored in, but nonetheless, it was the real-feel temperature on too many occasions this winter)?

--
Evelyn Allen

"The soul is like a pair of winged horses and a charioteer joined in natural union"
- Plato