Re: [RC] VV March madness - Dessia Miller

My friend's tumble ended up being amusing, but it sure wasn't to start with a horse eating snowmobile blasting at us! Horses whirled around, but Parker stopped to watch in amazement as his buddy plunged off the packed trail into 3 feet of snow, got stuck, fell down and put his rider off into quite a soft, but cold landing. They looked like snow men when they stood up. I do believe the driver of the sled was more shook up than we were in the long run!

Gorgeous day for a ride, sunshine, milder temps (around freezing), great footing on the trails although the roads were slick in places. Just couldn't get off the trail or the horses were up to their bellies <G>. Parker is starting to get fit and what a knob as he does. Going home he was prancing and dancing and it didn't matter if we headed the opposite direction it was still go go go. We backed down the road, went sideways and finally just put him into the deep snow and said "dance thru this". Which he tried to for a bit - LOL. Funny boy and once turned out, kicked up his heels, chased the mares and mini donkey around, flapping his cooler at them.

Freezing rain today, so no riding here.

Dessia

----- Original Message ----- From: <rides2far@xxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

It was amusing. Just walking along, alone at dusk. Slack rein, totally relaxed and I think his right rear stepped on a limb and the end of it raised up in the woods to the right as it broke with a loud POP! It was right by him and he just leaped. You know how you're usually looking up at the horse while you fall? Well, the only view I remember of him was him being well below me off about 2' to the right. >g< My left foot in the stirrup turned me as I thought "glad I've got toeguards, I know this will turn loose" and then I had a really soft landing on the ground. 7 leaped back with big eyes, then stopped, the ears came forward and he stuck his nose out to sniff like, "It's YOU, what are you doing down THERE?? :-) He stood very quietly for me to get back on and we finished our little ride.

Angie