[RC] [Endurance Tracks] In it for the long haul - Mar 2 2008 - Merri

Rapidcityjournal.com - Full Story

Endurance horse riders racing in the region
By Lynn Taylor Rick, Journal staff

Paschal Karl had never been on a horse when his wife bought him a quarter horse for his birthday 16 years ago.

It didn’t take Karl, an athletic guy with a competitive streak, long to raise the bar. Within a month, he bought himself an Arabian horse, a breed known for its endurance. A year after his introduction to horses, he was competing in endurance horse races around the country. “What I found is that I love to ride,” he said.

Today, Karl has logged more than 2,500 competition miles and more than 20,000 total miles on his endurance horses...

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Tracks at 3/02/2008 09:20:00 AM