k s swigart wrote:
From: "Ranelle Rubin" <raneller@xxxxxxx>

Do you think it is likely due to the fact that
vaccinating for EI is common place in the
US, and is not in Australia??

I cannot imagine why this would make a difference. The FEI requires all horses to be vaccinated for EI in order to get and maintain a passport. So, whether vaccinating for EI is commonplace in Australia or not, the FEI horses would be vaccinated anyway.

If the horses, whether from Australia or the US, have FEI passports,
then they should have similar if not the same vaccination status.  It
seems to me that a horse coming from Australia where EI is rare (despite
the current "outbreak") would be less likely to be an infectious carrier
than a horse coming from the US where EI is endemic.

Unless there is something that I am not understanding (entirely
possible), I just don't get it.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics