[RC] Blanket/Rug/Clipping Discussion - Dawn Carrie

I find this discussion of clipping and blanketing practices interesting - mainly, the contrast between how things are done in the US vs Australia (thanks for the detailed description, Jay) and Europe.  Although, every time Jay said "rug", I couldn't help but just briefly envision a piece of carpet draped over a horse.  But that's ok, when we say 'blanket" he probably sees bedding hanging off horses.  <G>  Love the different terminology.

The constant shuffling about of different weights of blankets (rugs <G>) as done in Australia sounds like an incredible amount of work.  But then, I'm sure it's all a matter of what one is used to.  On the flip side, they don't have as much work to do with cooling out wet hairy horses after an event.

Dawn Carrie, Texas (home of the hairy 7)