[RC] Companion Horse... or Horse Retirement Communities - Mike Lewis

I have been trying to post this to the Classified section of endurance.net, but am getting a site error (yes, I'm logged in...)  Not sure what the problem is so I'll post here since I'm not selling anything.  Sorry for bending the rules.

Due to my family situation (2 kids starting daycare fulltime, 1 in part-time daycare, and a wife in school fulltime) I have made the terribly difficult decision to try to find a happy home for my best buddy, Imperial Nafal.  He is a 27 year old Arab, who I raced in LD rides up until leaving for graduate school in '04.  He would make a good companion horse and will handle occasional riding (I still jump on him bareback and with a halter.)  He is good with children who are confident (he is easy to ride, just likes to run.)  He is arthritic/has ringbone, but is happy and isn't in pain.  Definitely has seen the passing of his Endurance days and needs to be treated well in his retirement.

Would be most interested in "loaning" him to a stable family who can use a companion horse and who would allow me an occasional visit.  Prefer he go to an AERC member in GA/AL/FL.

Would also be interested in considering a retirement horse community, if anyone can suggest such a place in Georgia, Alabama, or Texas.  This may be the most attractive option, and I'd appreciate any thoughts on happy places for geriatric ponies whose owners love them dearly..

Mike