[RC] Home from Reno - Peggy B-Smith

I had a great time at the convention, but sounds like I wasn't the only one who had an adventure getting home!
We had driven up from Tehachapi taking the desert route Hwy 6 to 95 and should have taken it home. We saw that 395 south was open, so why not? Well, it shouldn't have been open. It said chains only, so since we didn't have chains, we just kept going - saw a few Highway Patrol, but they didn't seem to care we didn't have chains, and that wasn't the problem. The wind was fierce, blowing snow and we hit white-out conditions at least 10 times. We couldn't see the front of our truck!
When we finally got past Mammoth, and there was no snow on the road, the wind was so bad it was blowing all the rocks and dirt all over. The wind was horrible all the way through the desert.
I was so happy to be home safe, I would have kissed the ground except it had snow all over it! And - it's snowing again!  Yesterday was beautiful, but I put off riding because I had work to catch up on - no riding now! Another storm expected tonight and tomorrow. Geeze!

Good seminars and trade show. I made the mistake of touring the 4-star LQ horse trailer - of course, the really expensive one. Sure made my Lance look old and tiny - The $63,000+ price tag brought me back to reality and my paid-for Lance looked even better!

Looking forward to Cuyama!

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA