[RC] AERC Convention Behind the Table - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

We made it home over Donner Pass from Reno after 14 hours ... normally a 3-hour trip. I don't care to repeat that one! White-out conditions and not enough traction with our rig made for one very scary trip home for me.

Just wanted to thank everyone who came by the Type F booth and purchased 2007 Supplements to my Guide and Angie McGhee's products. We had a great turnout at convention, despite the weather and fantastic response to our "wares." Angie is all excited about doing new designs for greeting cards now ... we sold out of every notecard set we had. And we sold all the XL shirts and most of the Larges. Where were all the size Small riders?????

Also wanted to thank everyone who came by voicing concerns about Tank and asking how he's doing. I was beginning to feel like I was going to have to hold my own "talk" at convention, I repeated the story so many times. It really shows what a great big family endurance is.

So, I've been having computer problems ... darned thing takes an hour and a half to start up until it finally lets go of things to work. So I got the bright idea to clean out the 8,000 messages in my "sent" folder, the 6,000 messages in my various in folders, etc., etc., thinking that might be one of my problems. And it just dawned on me that I put the convention sale online last week to be good until yesterday the 25th, without ever looking in my RideCamp email folder before deleting everything. So if there was anyone who was looking to take advantage of it, you'll need to email me privately since I stupidly erased everything. D'oh!

After spending two days with Angie and her daughter Josie, I've been thinking in "southern" a lot ... having only conversed on the phone over the last couple of years, it was really nice to meet face to face. And Josie is a blast. Angie will have to watch out in the drawing department .... she's darned good herself.

Karen Chaton and I worked it out so our booths would back up to each other, thinking we'd get a chance to peek through the curtain once in awhile and visit. We got a few peeks in, but we were both so busy that conversations were really short. Granite Chief was her boot demonstration horse and walked his way up the freight ramp to the second floor and camped out in the EasyCare booth with his butt facing my chair. He was such a good boy, never spooked about anything and at times looked pretty darned bored. I would be talking to someone and this "phphphphphph" would interrupt the conversation and it would startle me because I'd forgotten he was there. I don't know too many horses that you could just walk in and out of a second story building several times a day, and be so layed back about it. What a guy!

It was really great seeing some of the RideCamp faces, too! Hope you all had a great time at convention!

:) Jackie