RE: [RC] re: FEI - heidi

Mike, as others have pointed out, you will learn a lot about FEI simply by riding at rides that have FEI divisions.  There is no need to pay the extra money at this point, even if that is your goal.

Also, IMO the best way to learn about FEI is to volunteer at an FEI ride.  If you get the opportunity to go to a championship event as a part of the ground crew, do it--it will teach you oodles.

Meanwhile, there is no point in paying the extra fees until you and your horse are ready to step up to that level of competition--you can have virtually the same experience simply riding co-sanctioned rides.

Heidi

Perhaps in the excitement of asking about the longer distances and the FEI
side of things, I came off the wrong way.  I am just getting back into
this sport and horses after having to set them aside due to work and
school responsibilities--I'm very excited to have some time to give to the
horses again after nearly 4 years off and have LOTS of questions.  Never
intended for someone to think trying to be a snob or expecting too much of
my horse or that I'm so good that I can walk onto a team and compete in
world-class events (I'm not!!)  That certainly is not the way I feel nor
is it my expectation.  I don't expect to finish in the top 75% of any 50
this season.

I expect to condition toward riding and completing our first 50 this
spring.  I'd like to complete an FEI ride so I know what they are like.
Biltmore is coming up shortly after I hope to have a horse ready to
complete the distance... why not see what it is all about?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=