Re: [RC] collected tail swing vs. wringing - Amber Roberts

Jackie Causgrove wrote:
Okay, the mare in the video is collected and her tail is swinging. Tails swing when a horse is collected.

Tail wringing is different and it is a sign of resistance; for whatever reason - physical or mental.

The mare did not win because they made a fairly good size mistake.

Anky won because she was technically correct throughout her ride. However, her horse was much stiffer and nowhere near as spectacular.

I watched and enjoyed both those videos.  The mare looked to me like she was having a wonderful time.  However, having the music actually choreographed to the foot falls of the other horse was thrilling to me.  I couldn't get the music or the mental picture of that horse moving in rhythm with the music out of my mind for hours later.

Amber