Re: [RC] re: PC - Truman Prevatt

At some point that is something the FEI riders in this country will have to do if they ever want to be anything but also runs at the WEC. Given the structure they run under - AERC I - I think they really need to rethink their structure for a lot of reasons. Maybe the big one is as long as they remain part of AERC - there is going to be a significant part of the membership that finds competition at this level at this speed with this high of a attrition rate unacceptable treatment of horses. It's not easy doing what you have to do to beat a sub 7 hour 100 - while a significant part of the organization you are part of disapproves of such.

I suspect if they ever want to be competitive again they need to reorganize under the USEF independent of the AERC and work toward the goal of being competitive. It was not so long ago when the WEC was won in about 12 hours, then 10 hourse - now it is 6:40. Gone I think are the days when a good rider with a good horse can rise to win the WEC. Today it's about endurance racing barns, exercise riders, peaking multiple horses for one race and racing the one that is the most ready. I'm not sure that model belongs in the AERC nor am I sure a US rider under the current organization can compete with that model.

Truman

Cindy Collins wrote:
If "our" goal is to compete with that crowd, we need two totally separate organizations with completely different goals, financing, etc.

--

“Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us?” Justice William O. Douglas