[RC] swelling of gutteral pouches--allergies - Dawn Simas

This is how I got a diagnosis on Amigo's DDSP.  He would cough alot also, always at the onset of late winter/early spring. The coughing would trigger him displacing his palate.  I got the cough under control by soaking his hay, no more DDSP issues.  The swelling in the throat, it reminded me of my lymph nodes when I am getting sick.  The vet said he simply has allergies to something in the season in this area (he came from cross country and his seller said he never coughed) and hay dust triggers it also.  I soak his hay year round now and he gets straight A's in hydration on rides.  :)

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue