Re: [RC] riding while pg and exersise - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ok, now I think it is time for me to jump in.  Since Angie already did.  :)

I did not ride while pregnant.  I wished that I could have, but hubby didn't want me to, so I didn't fight it. BUT, I  did run 2 mile/day for the entire time and stopped only 2 days before having Joni.  I will admit, running (more of a slow jog by then, was horrible) makes you really have to pee.  I don't think of riding a horse as "real" exercise.  It will build some muscle, and strengthen core body structures.  And that does wonders for helping with childbirth.  So, it isn't a bad thing, but trust me, I can ride a 100 miler a lot easier than I can go out and run 10 miles.

Something interesting:  I just had a hysterectomy (Angie alread told everyone) and I didn't have a bit of trouble.  No soreness, no back pain, nothing.  Went back to work in 2 weeks, felt good enough to have gone back in 1 week.  I told the doctor that I had it figured out.  Active women that exercise, and have good muscle tone don't have the problems that most couch potato women do.  He smiled really big and said I was 100% correct.  So, moral of the story, keep riding horses and excersing.

Jody

"Kearby, Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/IS" <Kate.Kearby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Isn?t it funny the same doctors that tell you don?t ride while pregnant also tell you riding isn?t a viable exercise???  If it?s not exercise it should be easier on you than walking?.

I rode an arab stallion while pregnant,  maybe I should be shot?  that son is 21 now and pretty healthy?

Finding fabulous fares is fun.