[RC] "flex" panel v. treeless saddles-RESULTS! - Moriah Nickerson

Thank you all for your helpful comments and suggestions.  I had quite a few requests to "post the results"  So here they are:
1. I was corrected that I am referring to flex PANEL saddles, not flex tree!  but, most of you got around my silly mistake.
2.  people are divided about 50-50 treeless v. flex, BUT more people complained about treeless.  Sounds like treeless works for a specific horse-rider pair, where as the panel systems seem more successful across the board.  That said-people are very adamant that they found the perfect solution, isn't that what it's all about??
3. Pros for treeless-feel the horse, comfortable for horse/rider, lightweight, fairly inexpensive,
Cons for treeless-slide around, hard to mount up, uncomfortable for horse/rider, not good for higher withers.
brands recommended: freeform, BM, sensation hybrid
4. Pros panel saddles-can be fitted more >1 horse, comfortable for horse/rider, good for round backs, and higher withered horses, custom-like fit.
Cons-specifically the ortho-flex makes the rider feel perched.  this was the only complaint I got. they are expensive (ie-more than my horse!!)
brands recommended: reactor panel, FnE, ameriflex, ortho-flex

MY CONCLUSIONS: I need to demo a few saddles!  I want to try both a flex panel and treeless on my horse before I make a decision...so, does anyone know how to melt all this ice and snow so I can ride???

Hope this helps, please feel free to add your 2 cents!
cheers,
moriah