[RC] feed preference - Tx Trigger

There are many who have had problems with Purina feeds, and will no longer feed them. I have had good luck. Ours comes from the Ft. Worth mill, and I do question if the problems are from folks who have gotten supplies from some of their other mills. That being said, we started with Purina Strategy in 2001, while traveling across country with the XP2001 endurance ride. It was a feed that was easy to find in about every small town we passed through. It makes an excellent mash on its own, or with beet pulp if you want to feed something wet.

I am a minimalist, and don't normally feed much "bagged" feed if the horses are doing well on their pasture/hay. This winter I added Strategy to their diet to help stretch our hay supply. We are in No. TX, and with the drought, hay became VERY expensive for our area, and often had to find. That, and I had some coupons for Purina feed, so I got it at a huge discount. :-)

Jonni