Re: [RC] "flex" tree v. treeless saddles - Lynne Glazer

Moriah,
Just a note that none of those are flex trees, but rather flexible panels mounted on trees--each uses a different mounting concept though, and vary on their ability to be adjusted for a custom fit.? RP offers trees in 1/4" increments with completely repositionable mounting to accomodate asymmetries, balance front to rear and rider balance.?

If you're looking for western style endurance, the RPs aren't your answer, they're all English, though they offer various degrees of security for the rider.? Since you're in an English saddle now, I am guessing that neither Western nor security are a big priority for you.? With your height, the ability to have a flap customized to accomodate your long femur might be an important consideration, RP does that at no charge but it makes it non-returnable.??

Round horses are the most challenging to fit, if they have some wither and a little shoulder definition it gets easier, and the flex-panel saddles are an excellent choice!? If you're going to the AERC convention, RP will have a booth there, come by and say hello.? If nothing else, you can sit in all the models and find out which one suits you.? RP pioneered the free trial program (except for shipping), with a template done ahead of time from the guide, you could take one home from convention and save one way's shipping.

regards,
Lynne
no longer much of a fitter but always a fan
go ahead and rack this up as my commercial plug, JT:
http://www.photo.lynnesite.com? ?equine sport, portrait and fine art photography