[RC] bears - Dawn Simas

My paint was/is terrified of cows.  We are in Search And Rescue and were doing a rodeo parade with the unit.  This parade had 40 longhorns for the rodeo being provided and pushed by (Cowboy Hall of Famer) Cotton Rosser and his boys.  He saw my paint and asked if I could help because he was short.  He cured Amigo in a few minutes.  We went into the cows and, to Amigo's astonishment, the cows moved away from him.  "Hey, they can't be so scarey if they are afraid of me!"  Ever since, he loves to chase a cow.  But if a cow doesn't run...he's still a fraidy cat.  We were on a NV ride that had range cattle and my girlfriend and her arab had to get the barbed wire gates for me if there was a cow on the other side, Amigo was trembling.  :(

BUT, we have seen many bears on the trails here.  He's such a piglet that when I ask him to stop if the bear is blocking the way, he's so happy to be grazing that I think he enjoys the "bear breaks".  I do have a Rottweiler too though, so hey there may be something to that.

Dawn

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue