Re: [RC] Time to revualiate awarding of Best Condition - FXLivestock

Phil,
   Is what you are proposing similar to what is now know as High Vet Score?

Kim Fuess
AERC # 6648

In a message dated 02/13/2007 10:47:13 AM Pacific Standard Time, slsf@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Now I would like to bring up Best Condition.  Originally BC was awarded to the horse in the top ten who was in the most superior condition, in other words; in you had to continue on, which horse you would choose.  Then people who were racing for first place felt that time should be considered and then weight division people felt weight should be considered.  We are now saddled with a BC judging process that lets other consideration than the condition of the horse determines the BC winner.  It is not possible to do a ride where your goal is to finish 10th and have your horse in the best possible condition and win BC because of the other irrelevant factors the judging.  The Tevis Cup is the only ride I know of that has a meaningful BC judging process.  Along with weight divisions BC judging should be revamped to get back to the original intent of honoring the horse that is actually in the best condition following a ride.

Phil Gardner