From: Dawn Carrie <rdcarrie@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Juli Bechard <dakoiah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 9:38:48 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] swollen lymph nodes

Juli,
Any chance it could be the alivary glands, rather than the lymph nodes?  Large swelling, behind the curve of the jaw, might spread over onto the jaw, and reaching possibly as high up as the ear?

My gelding was over at a friend's place for a couple weeks, and when he was in this one field, he had this issue.  After a lot of internet research, we determined that it was harmless, and due to unknown causes...could be an allergy, reaction to something in that field that he ate, etc.  Do some Google searches on salivary gland swelling in horses, and you'll get a lot.  Basically, when he was removed from the pasture, it went away.  Doesn't take long to recede.

Dawn in East Texas