[RC] For Heavyweight riders, kinda OT info - Sharlene Roberts-Caudle

Several have written privately wanting more info, so
here's the web site:  www.southbeachdiet.com

Basic info from site:  Phase 1 lasts 2 weeks:
PHASE 1: The Strict Phase
Recommended for: Anyone starting the diet, or anyone
in another phase of the diet who is experiencing
setbacks.
How long it lasts: Two weeks, generally.
What you?ll eat: Chicken, turkey, fish, vegetables,
eggs, cheese, nuts.
What you won?t eat: Bread, rice, potatoes, pasta,
baked goods, fruit, cake, cookies, alcohol, beer.
What will happen: You?ll banish your cravings for
sugars and starches.

Phase 2:  PHASE 2: The Weight Loss Phase
Recommended for: Anyone who has completed Phase 1, or
anyone starting the diet who only has a small amount
of weight to lose.
How long it lasts: Until you reach your target weight.

What you'll eat: Fruit (with a low glycemic index),
low-fat yogurt, low-fat milk, whole grain bread, whole
grain pasta, oatmeal, couscous.
What you won?t eat: White bread, cookies, white pasta,
baked potatoes, white rice, ice cream, jam.
What will happen: You?ll continue losing weight at a
slow and steady rate while your blood chemistry
improves
PHASE 3: The Maintenance Phase
Recommended for: Anyone who has completed Phases 1
and/or 2 and has reached their target weight.
How long it lasts: For the rest of your life.
What you?ll eat: Anything you want, as long as you
remain at your target weight.
What will happen: You will maintain your weight and
all the health benefits you earned by following Phases
1 and 2

For $5/week you can have access to food plans and
recipes etc, and to a nutritionist and to a community,
public or private journal etc.  I did this just to
increase my committment, but I didn't sign up for any
of the weekly add-ons!  Include 30 minutes of exercise
most days (walking works).
Good luck.
Sharlene