[RC] Boot mixture - which to wear in front? - Alissa Norman

OK, I own a pair of Size 2 Easy Boots, which fit my round footed TB nicely.  But the recent cold snap has frozen everything solid, and just booting the front feet, even to ride in the sand ring, is not cutting it.  My little TB is short behind.  So, I am borrowing some boots that fit ok from a friend at the barn, so I can boot all four feet.  Her boots are the original Old Macs.

I think I am going to wrap my guy's front feet in vet wrap and use the Old Macs there (they are just slightly big), and then use the Easy Boots behind.  Is that going to be ok?  Can I mix and match boots like that?  Would you do it the other way around and put the Old Macs on the hind feet?  His front feet are very round.  His hinds are a bit more oval, but still pretty wide.  The Easy Boots will work on fronts or hinds.  I haven't tried the Old Macs on the hinds yet.

And I thought Old Macs were supposed to be easy to put on?  Man!  The Easy Boots took me about 10 minutes LESS time than the Old Macs.  Hopefully I'll get faster at the Old Mac booting process!

Thanks for any advice offered!

Alissa