[RC] trying something different (New Year's Rez) - aarenex

Friends,
My 2008 New Year's Resolution is to try something *new* and *different* with my horse at least once each month of the next year.  Now I'm looking for ideas!

I figure I'll sign up for carriage driving lessons (Fiddle is a standardbred--SHE knows about the harness stuff, but I am woefully ignorant), do some backcountry camping (I haven't done that for years), and maybe even sign up to learn some Warhorse skills http://www.warhorsechallenge.com/warhorseinfo.htm

Fiddle is too young-in-the-brain for endurance competitions this year, so we'll be in camp just for practice to do the novice rides, and for me to hone my pulsing skills as a volunteer! <G>

I'd love to hear about the resolutions that other Ridecampers have made for 2008.

I'd also love to hear ideas of fun, new, different activities to try.

Thoughts?

--Aarene in wet-wet-wet Western Washington State
--
The thunder god went for a ride on his favorite filly.
"I'm Thor!" he cried.