[RC] Kicking horses - jorudo

Have a friend with a 2nd mare who kicks. Started out with snarky looks (no correction), then a passing bite (no correction.) I opened a swinging gate for them in the early stages of ownership, had my horse way off to the side while they hand-walked thru. The mare lunged 5 feet at my horse, who threw his BIG honkin' head my way to get away from her, and knocked me 5 feet the other direction. Was the mare corrected? No. Was my gelding corrected? No, by the time I got my butt off the dirt, my senses back, and quit cussing, it was too late.

Now the mare has progressed. She kicks at horses "too close" to her on the trail. Heaven forbid I should ride next to my friend to talk while we ride. The mare kicks at horses who walk "too close" to her when she's tied to the trailer or a tree. She and my horse were hobbled separately at a lunch stop, mine was dozing under a tree 20 feet away from her. She ran in hobbles, turned around and back-fired at him, for absolutely no reason.
She kicks at horses who are loaded behind her in a trailer, even if there is a divider. She kicks at people on the ground walking "too close" to her.

My friend knows the horse is a kicker, but feels it is because everyone else is in "her" space, and she needs a lot of it. If she does anything to correct her, it is such a mild pull on the reins, or a "tsk, tsk" type of admonition that the mare pays her no mind.

So, we just don't ride with her as much when she takes "that mare."