Re: [RC] Don't forget touching noses - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Thank you for pointing this one out.  We have a gelding (Cash Pony) who
is an aggressive little snot when it comes to nose sniffing.  We don't let
him even look at another horse.  It is really bad when at water troughs...Joni
will have to pull him out of the water (while he is drinking) when someone comes
up...because 9 times out of 10, people will just let their horse pile in on him, and
then the nose sniffing starts.  I have even told people not to let them sniff, and they
just keep their horses on a loose rein while Joni is pulling him back.  Everyone just
needs to try and remember a bubble around each horse, and stay in their own space.

So far we have kept any mishaps from happening....but it has been because we are
very careful...not because other people respect our horse space.

Jody

Kristi Schaaf <iluvdez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Because I'm aware of
that behavior, I make SURE that no one gets close
enough to do it (in fact, I protect the space around
any of my horses when we're at rides), but it would be
nice if other people would pay attention to what their
horses are doing.

Kristi iluvdez at yahoo dot com