[RC] Murphy's Mom (need email address) - Chris Martin

I am looking for the email address for Karen Fredrickson.

I was doing the first day of the Stagecoach ride in Nevada, I started riding with a real nice lady on a horse named Murphy.  Murphy was absolutely gorgeous and was definitely in race mode as the rider was very consistent at keeping him under control...  My horse was also in race mode and I asked if I could tuck in on Murphy's butt so I could relax my grip for a few minutes.  I don't like riding like that because if something happens you are right on top of your benefactor.  We did tuck in but only for a few minutes.

At mile 16 I got off to open one of the many Portuguese gates we would have to open, we waited as another lady came through the gate.  I had to find a bush, so I told the two ladies to go on and that I would catch up.  Murphy's mom waited some distance away . As I went to swing my leg over my horse moved into me and I went all the way over and off the other side.   I was sure glad I had my helmet on as I slammed the ground pretty hard, also hit on my bad left knee and jammed my left thumb....    My horse took off down the trail after the other horses.  Murphy's mom and the other lady stayed with me until I convinced them that I was OK and that there was nothing they could do.

Had not been walking for more then a few minutes when I got a ride from a local rancher....   About a mile or so down the road here comes Murphy's Mom with my little Red horse....  I thanked my rancher lady and put my helmet back on.

I got on without falling off.  I told Murphy's mom and the other lady to go ahead as I was not sure how well I was going to be able to ride..  They did take off down the trail.  As my knee loosened up a little we started trotting and soon caught up with them..  Our vet check was at 25 miles.  I kept in front of the two ladies as Red did feel he did not have to be in Race mode all the time.

I did finish the ride after getting just a little lost on probably one of the best marked trails ever....I went to bed at 3:30 with chills and a fever, and stayed there until 9am the next morning...  I was glad that I felt well enough to drive home the next day, where I was in bed for over a week.  Still have the cough.

I did ask around and found out that Murphy's Mom name was Karen Fredrickson.  I have searched for her email but was unable to find it.  While looking at the year end standings it seems that Karen and Murphy are FIRST in their division..

Having her stay and help me did my heart good, to hear that she was first in her division and stayed to help me does my heart even better.  I have had at least one bad experience with riders who just kept on going...................

If someone has her email, please forward to me.

Thanks...   Chris and RedFellow.

www.FreeFormUSA.com
1-888-823-1737  (follows cell and leaves email)