[RC] Do your horse a favor - stuff it - Sheila_Larsen

Marv is  soooo correct about stuffing saddles.  I had one of my saddles
restuffed and a year later when I had Saddles that Fit come out Susan had
me run my hand over the bottom of the saddle and then pulled some of the
stuffing out and showed me the hard balls of flocking.  Yes you are right I
had been told it was wool (well sort right if it had been a wool carpet)
because it was carpet fiber.  She showed me how to tell the difference
between wool and carpet fiber  (the colored threads are a hint <g>).  But i
wasn't there for the original reflock so how was I to know without pulling
some fibers out and I had been told it was wool.   No wonder her back was
sore, particularly in one spot where the flocking had really balled up and
hard.

I had a saddle that had foam and the person that made the saddle assured me
whenI called about a very soft spot that appeared that foam never needed to
be replaced but if I insisted  they had to send it back to England to get
it done, I was a getting line about foam never needing to be redone.  Sold
the saddle.

As for frequent visits by my saddle person, at least once a year and more
if I think there is a problem.  So many people that I have recommended that
they have their saddles looked at have been so pleasantly surprised by the
results.