RE: [RC] Re-stuffing saddles - Susan Cushing

> Laney responed:
> Never! For a lot of reasons: my saddles don't need it and that's partly
> because I don't know of a saddle flocker on the entire west coast.
> I'm curious to know what kind of saddle you have to would need that
> kind of attention that often. English saddles (& maybe some Australian)
> are the only ones that need it and many of them are flocked/stuffed with
> foam that, theoretically, never needs attention.> >

I have a hip displacement that puts a lot of pressure on my right side.  I have a very old dressage saddle that I love and fits my guy well enough.  No problems doing 50 milers so far.  I depress the right side of my saddle and it does need attention!!

You are lucky that your saddle does not need to be re-flocked.  Mine does and I wanted to know how other people felt about having their saddle worked on so often.  My saddle if not flocked with foam.  It is flocked with wool.   I personally like wool better.

If you all in CA need a good saddle flocker, the man I have  has flown all over the country to work on people's saddles(even Endurance people's).

Susan Cushing