Re: [RC] Not exactly Animal Cops, was Humane Society (OT) - Someone Somewhere

well i dont see why it needs shootin, i think thats as cruel as neglect. i have two thirty year old horses, and just stood with a friend while she put a 42 year old one down. yes, the old ones i have are underweight, they just dont absorb their food that well, but the are happy, and sound, and loved.
i wish this were going to have a better ending.

Mary Krauss <lazykfarm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wow--nice to know lots of people care. Here's the latest, yes the
owner's been offered $$'s for the horse, but he takes such offers as
compliments to his beloved best friend whom he'd never sell. As I
told a couple of people in private emails, the only up-side is that
he truly loves the horse (who follows him around the property). At
least there's no anger-related abuse. The latest good news is that
the only-slightly whacko son tells me he's going to shoot the horse
and tell his dad he found him unable to get up. Yes, the son does
know how to put a horse down this way (packer/hunter). I'm moved by
the crazy owner's bizarre affection for his old buddy, and by the
son's decision to deal with a painful reality. I'm really pissed at
the local tax-funded animal welfare people however and have already
written a letter of complaint. I can't wait to visit their office in
person as suggested by my usually uninvolved-in-drama husband. He
says he almost feels sorry for their employees. ;-)

I'll send a brief update when the deed is done.

Mary K.